- West Africa is number 1 for global gold discoveries over the past decade.
- Burkina Faso is 4th in Africa for gold production & 3rd for gold exploration.
- Population: 20.8 million
- Unemployment rate: 4.96%
- Literacy: 41.2%
- 2020 GDP growth rate: 6.3%
- Mining royalties: 5%
The country of Burkina Faso is developing quickly, with GDP growth rates amongst the highest in the world and inflation remaining controlled.
- Altair Resources has signed a binding agreement for a 90% ownership and 10% Burkina Faso Government ownership for an open pit, 3 deposit, gold exploration project.
- The 3 deposits are located in the south west of the country and 35km from Centamin’s Konkera project of 3.1M oz.
- The project is located in the safest area of Burkina Faso, a mining friendly jurisdiction.
- Altair has commissioned a NI 43-101 Resource Estimate and the report remains in progress.
- 387,596 m of drilling & 294,504 core samples completed from 3 deposits.
Location of Altair’s Properties
The reader is cautioned that historical gold resources cannot be relied upon as they need to be confirmed by a Qualified Person through additional sampling, analysis and possibly additional drilling.